Amazon in Brazil is One of the Best Adventures in Our World - Caravanzers

Welcome to the Amazon. This magnificent and awe-inspiring rainforest covers a significant portion of the South American continent.

In this guide, I will take you on a journey starting with the bustling city of Manaus, often referred to as the “Gateway to the Amazon.”

From there, we will venture to Boa Vista, a city known for its cultural diversity and proximity to breathtaking natural scenery.

Finally, we will explore Rio Branco, a captivating city nestled amidst untouched rainforest, offering a tranquil escape from the hustle and bustle of urban life.

Get ready to immerse yourself in the wonders of the Amazon and discover its unique treasures.

VIDEO – Amazon in Brazil

Introduction to the Amazon

Introduction to the Amazon - A Guide - Caravanzers

The Amazon is unparalleled in its magnificence. Notably, it holds the title of the largest rainforest worldwide, covering approximately 40 percent of the South American continent.

Its natural prowess is evident as it produces around 20 percent of the world’s oxygen.

So, what can you expect when visiting the Amazon? Well, the possibilities are endless.

You can swim alongside pink dolphins in the Amazon River, engage in Piranha fishing, or encounter any of the remarkable 2,000-plus species that call this rainforest their home.

It’s worth noting that while Brazil encompasses 60 percent of the Amazon, the remaining 40 percent sprawls across countries such as Peru, Colombia, and Venezuela.

If you’re planning to reach the Brazilian side, your journey starts with a flight to Manaus, the capital of Amazonas state.

Once there, you’ll find numerous tour companies catering to various interests and needs.


In the heart of the Amazon is the bustling city of Manaus. I would say this is the perfect city to start your Amazon Rainforest journey in Brazil.

This vibrant metropolis is located right at the confluence of two major rivers, the Negro and the Solimões, which merge to form the mighty Amazon River.

Manaus is often called the “Gateway to the Amazon,” and it serves as a perfect starting point for exploring the surrounding natural wonders.

One of the best things in and around Manaus is the chance to go on the Amazon River trips. There are so many destinations around this area, and Manaus is perfect for being based there.

For example, this city is close to the popular Jaú National Park (Parque Nacional do Jaú).

Another beautiful destination nearby is Lago Cabaliana. This is a great lake to relax, especially since there isn’t a huge population in the area.

Boa Visa

As you travel towards the north, your journey will lead you to Boa Vista, a city along the shores of the Rio Branco.

Boa Vista serves as the capital of Roraima, a Brazilian state, and is popular for its distinctive fusion of cultures.

It acts as a melting pot, blending indigenous communities, Afro-Brazilians, and immigrants from nearby nations.

Boa Vista’s dynamic ambiance and its close proximity to breathtaking natural scenery create a thrilling destination that appeals to both residents and visitors.

For example, it’s very close to the Roraima National Forest (Floresta Nacional de Roraima), one of the best Amazon destinations.

Likewise, Boa Visa is also close to Serra da Mocidade National Park (Parque Nacional da Serra da Mocidade).

This is really a great city for the Amazon.

Rio Branco

Let’s now set our course towards the southern region of the Amazon, where we encounter the captivating city of Rio Branco.

This enchanting urban center serves as the capital of Acre, nestled harmoniously along the banks of the Acre River.

Rio Branco finds itself surrounded by vast stretches of untouched rainforest, inviting plentiful opportunities for exploration and thrilling adventures.

The city’s serene ambiance and warm hospitality provide a delightful escape from the hectic pace of urban life.

Final Thoughts

This guide was to explore the Amazon. Throughout the article, we went on a journey that began in the vibrant city of Manaus, known as the “Gateway to the Amazon.”

We then ventured to Boa Vista, celebrated for its cultural diversity and proximity to breathtaking natural beauty.

Finally, we explored Rio Branco, a captivating city nestled amidst untouched rainforest, providing a peaceful retreat from urban life.

Prepare yourself to dive into the wonders of the Amazon and uncover its extraordinary treasures.

Hope you enjoy your trip!

AJ Paris is a travel photographer based in New York. He is the editor of Caravanzers.

Follow us on Pinterest.